Casual World

This is a place where people can come together and be...Well, casual. Make friends, make enemies and make pie!. Okay, no pie but theres friends, enemies and much, much more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some Programs to make Computer Art...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 am

<h1>Welcome!</h1>

I'm new to the forum but I've looked around a bit and I think I have the Grasp of it now.

I'm here to help you out with art. I will give you advice on your first peices of work and get you set off. I will also tell you what you should try and work on most, for instance, avatars or signatures.

*Here is a list of good programs to use:*

>GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/)

>Paint.net (http://www.paint.net/)

>STUDIO 8 (http://www.adobe.com/products/studio/index.html)

>Photoshop CS4 (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/

>Blender (http://www.blender.org/)

*GIMP:*
GIMP is a free download intended for high-end graphics. It is quite hard to get to grips with at first but if you spend a lot of time practicing you will be churning out master-peices in no time! GIMP is especially good for Signatures.

*Paint.net:*
Paint.net offers a much wider range of features than the normal paint does. It is quite hard to get good filters and so I recommend you download some. It is very good for avatars because it is simple. The best thing about paint.net is that is it easy to use and recommended for beginners but after a while it limits the distance that talent can go.

*Macromedia STUDIO 8:*
This is part of Macromedia's STUDIO 8. This is an extremely good package for designers. Usually it would cost between £500-£700, but seeing as my brother is within a certain age limit we got it for about £80 It contains Fireworks, Flash-Proffesional-8, Contribute, Dreamweaver and FlashPaper. FlashPaper is a coding translator which can put anything into Flash's special type of HTML. Dreamweaver is a brilliant coder for websites. It translates whole documents in seconds into other formats. Contribute is for putting those formats into website designs. The main things are flash and Fireworks. I use Flash quite a lot to make animations. It is quite complicated but it is easy once you get the hang of it. It is arguably the best program for 2D animation. Fireworks is generally an all-rounder in design. I have made signatures with it and avatars and banners. I have also made several animations with it. It has a simple, Frames per second method where you draw each frame. Fireworks also has a wide range of brushes that come in a lot of handy!

*Photoshop CS4:*
It is said to be very good and I have seen brilliant results. Unfortunately I have never had the chance to test it out but from what I know, which isn't much, it is extremely good. Another downside to it though (like STUDIO Cool is that it costs, and it is a hefty price at that!

*Blender:*
A very good 3D program. I tried it out but couldn't get a good result. It is very complicated. A person who I have seen get good results is Ncio. He managed to make some good looking objects. Blender has a good array of textures to fill in blocks with. It is used for real films and gives perfect results in the hands of proffesionals. It is also used for 3D games. If you are a beginner don't go anywhere near this until you have furthur experience. Great but hard!

View user profile

2 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 am

Zerzavy

Hello, i have properly renamed this forum
and welcome, go put up a post in the intodutory forum. geek

O o
/¯____________________________ ______________________________ ___/
| I'M A FIRIN MAH LAZOOR! BLAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯\
View user profile

3 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

I use GIMP, its so amazing, ive made some cool pictures.

View user profile

4 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Ok, Thanks for introduction. What did I name it before?

Are you the owner?

View user profile

5 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:53 am

Zerzavy

you named it "im new here..."
and im just a moderrator, the owner is username6

O o
View user profile

6 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:05 am

Zerzavy wrote:you named it "im new here..."
and im just a moderrator, the owner is username6
But username told me he wouldn't be on for a week.

View user profile

7 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:06 am

Zerzavy

IM TAKING OVER UNTIL HE COMES BACK!

O o
View user profile

8 Re: Some Programs to make Computer Art... on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:44 am

Oh sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I meant to name it "Getting Started"

Could you do that for me and make it a sticky if you think its any good soon?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum