Casual World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual World

This is a place where people can come together and be...Well, casual. Make friends, make enemies and make pie!. Okay, no pie but theres friends, enemies and much, much more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

GIMP - New Fonts and Brushes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GIMP - New Fonts and Brushes Empty GIMP - New Fonts and Brushes Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Ncio

Ncio

New Fonts and Brushes can be very useful in making Art Graphics. Fonts, as you probably know are different styles of text. Brushes are different shapes of things to draw with. They can provide great effects and textures.

Brushes:
Start by going here.Choose a few brushes that you like. On the right you will see 'Download', click this, then click okay. It should be very quick download. After it has downloaded it should come up with a short list of files that end in .GBR. Now, go to your 'My Documents' and find a folder called 'GIMP'. Click this and find 'Brushes' in the list, click on that. Select the list of brushes that you just downloaded, either copy and paste them into the Brushes folder, or drag and drop them in. If you have GIMP open, close it and open it again. When you open it again, you should have your new brushes in the brushes tab.

Tell me if you have any prolems/questions.

Fonts:
Start by going to this site. You don't need to make an account. At the top there a few catogories. Choose which ever one you want. Now scroll down and you will find a long list of different fonts. Choose a one that you like. To the right side of it, it should say download. Click on that, then click okay. When the font is downloaded, if you are using Vista, just right click on it and select 'Install'. If you are using XP, go to My computer, then Windows, the Fonts and put the new Font in there. Now restart GIMP. Go to the font tool, click that and click somewhere on your canvas, then type what you want, to the left side there should be some options to change the font.

2GIMP - New Fonts and Brushes Empty Re: GIMP - New Fonts and Brushes Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Ncio

Ncio

The new Font tutorial is up!
Enjoy. Very Happy

~Ncio

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum