Casual World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual World

This is a place where people can come together and be...Well, casual. Make friends, make enemies and make pie!. Okay, no pie but theres friends, enemies and much, much more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spam Topics-How to Avoid

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty Spam Topics-How to Avoid Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:03 pm

mariosuperlative

mariosuperlative
Admin
Admin

Okay, I'm not a mod yet (though I've been assured the eventual place), but I feel I need to get a point across about spam topics.

Many people don't know the difference between fun and spam, and I must tell you there's a fine line. Please don't roleplay here, there is another segment of the forum dedicated to that.

Anyhow, let's have an example. Let's say there's a thread on story continuation, like "bob does this" and "bob does that" and everyone has a lot of fun, posting "bob gets eaten by" and the next person "a rampaging elephant which..." Well, that's fun, would you believe it.

But imagine if, on that thread, people start doing this "qwhfgayrtashfmcmvdhzgftiwa" and messing about idiotically. They repeat the same message, troll users or simply start writing long random posts that are just a bunch of letters or 0 repeated, or similar. As you might have guessed, that's spam.

But as I said, there's a thin line. Some mods, as I've seen on other sites, end up locking any thread that walks on it and not above it. Just put it into your head-"Is this thread about excessive image posting spam or fun?" And that'd probably be spam...well, I HOPE your brain would come to that conclusion. But, obviously, just try and have fun and stay out of trouble, and you'll be a good forum member. alien

2Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty examples Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Zerzavy

Zerzavy

I have examples:

[spam one first]subject:pervs only

posted by n00b1:woman woman woman

posted by n00b2:hairy hairy hairy

posted by mariosuperlative: no spam allowed bubs

subject:kill bob

posted by n00b1:bob ate a cheeseburger, then he...

posted by n00b2:got eaten by a lion and while he was inside the lion he...

posted by mariosuperlative:this is fun guys! keep up the non-spam work!

3Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty Re: Spam Topics-How to Avoid Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:23 pm

mariosuperlative

mariosuperlative
Admin
Admin

Thank-you for that example, it's a lot more useful than mine! Very Happy But if I came in they wouldn't listen...Username hasn't moderised me (yep, it's the new verb) yet, I think we'll need to have about 20 users before that happens.

Regardless, thanks Zervavy! I would edit it into my main post, but, well, yours is the second one there so it doesn't really matter.

4Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty Nice Verb and examples Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Username6

Username6
Admin
Admin

lol nice examples guys. and yes the verb is funny too.

5Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty Re: Spam Topics-How to Avoid Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 pm

mariosuperlative

mariosuperlative
Admin
Admin

Username6 wrote:lol nice examples guys. and yes the verb is funny too.

Yup. That verb will now be in my database of unreal words. Is there anyway to sticky threads on here? Because new people need to read this thread...

6Spam Topics-How to Avoid Empty Re: Spam Topics-How to Avoid Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:50 pm

amanningman88

amanningman88
Admin
Admin

mariosuperlative wrote:
Username6 wrote:lol nice examples guys. and yes the verb is funny too.

Yup. That verb will now be in my database of unreal words. Is there anyway to sticky threads on here? Because new people need to read this thread...
thnks for the question mario.
athough username6 has been very good at stickying things, it seems as though we cannot sticky.
also, suddenly, i find i cannot ban people. i could for about an hour, and now i cant.
username6? hello!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum