Casual World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual World

This is a place where people can come together and be...Well, casual. Make friends, make enemies and make pie!. Okay, no pie but theres friends, enemies and much, much more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

GIMP - How to get started.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GIMP - How to get started. Empty GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Ncio

Ncio

If you would like to get into Graphics then using GIMP is a good place to start.

Here is the link where you can download the free program from.

Here.
If you are having trouble downloading it for some reason,
It's completely safe I assure you.
watch this short video.

It goes through the very basics. After you have downloaded it and got used to it a bit, I highly recommend making an account here.

If you have any questions, need advice or help, please post them here. I will be making some tutorials to help you guys. Very Happy

2GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

Is it easier than PhotoShop.

It works!!!

3GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

How do u put your pictures on here

4GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Ncio

Ncio

What do you mean? How to get pictures from the internet or make your own pictures?

And have you watched the Youtube video or signed up for GIMPtalk.com? They will both help you alot.

5GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

Ncio wrote:What do you mean? How to get pictures from the internet or make your own pictures?

And have you watched the Youtube video or signed up for GIMPtalk.com? They will both help you alot.

Ive done a good picture and I want to get it on to the forum, do you know how I would do that.

6GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Ncio

Ncio

Right first make an account on this site. It is an image hosting site where you can upload images from your computer onto the web.

Once you have made an account on that Save your image, and a box will come up, click the option to 'Select file type.' scroll down and select the PNG image choice. Name your image and click save. Go back on Photobucket and click upload. Then go to Browse, find your image and click upload.

Tell me when you have done this or if you have any problems, then I will tell you how to get the image to the forums. Very Happy

7GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:40 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

ive done that, now wat do i do

8GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Ncio

Ncio

Is the image uploaded to your photobucket account?

If so then hover your cursor over the image that you uploaded, something should come up saying 'Direct link.' copy that link and paste it in a post it in between:
[IMG] [(forwrd slash here)IMG]

9GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

GIMP - How to get started. MyfirstGIMPpic

10GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Ncio

Ncio

Well done for getting the image up. I thought I didn't explain it that well.

Next I'm going to try and show you guys how to get new Fonts and Brushes onto GIMP. Very Happy

11GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm

SlateFx

SlateFx

THANKS, u are a REALLY REALLY good teacher and now i have some awesome new stuff, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

12GIMP - How to get started. Empty Re: GIMP - How to get started. Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Mysterymason

Mysterymason

GIMP - How to get started. Ironman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum